Sunday 6 January 2013

Brit Sure Is Matte

Hello everyone! School's starting back up tomorrow, and exams will be soon, so I may be a little under the radar for a little bit. Trust me, I am dreading it more than you are, :P
Here's the first polish I wore from my collective haul post that I posted a couple days ago- Julep Brit. It was part of their much anticipated Suedes collection, that took way to love for all us mavens liking :) Brit is the silver suede of the collection, and a pretty one at that.
Anyways, suedes and other mattes chip easily by nature, so this isn't a polish that your can wear for days, the same is true for any polish with a matte finish, they just don't bond to the nail very well. There are a couple tricks to prolong your mani though, I like to do a base coat sandwich (base coat, 1 coat of polish, another coat of base, and a final coat of polish). I also make sure it's a strong adhesion base coat. Just a warning though, base coats can slightly affect the polish finish and make application a little trickier, but to me, the pros outweigh the cons.
Also, become a maven for a penny here: http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/26940/
Anyways, onto pictures. Artificial lighting, two coat sandwich method, no topcoat.







2 comments:

  1. just letting you know I saw your comment and sure, Canadians can join :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sorry I didn't reply sooner.
      Anyways, I am really looking forward to it :)

      Delete