Saturday 1 December 2012

Goodbye. I'll see you at Rainbow Bridge.

Hey guys.
So today my dear pet rat Momo died. He lived a good long life, and was comfortable throughout, but it's still sad to see him go.
As a pet owner, it can be easy to blame yourself for their death. You wish they could have told you what was wrong, or that you should of looked closer and found out. I feel like I should have taken better care of him, maybe given more time, more love.
But the truth is, I took the best care of him that I could have. I hope he knew that. It's sad to see him go, but he had a long, enriching life. Instead of the what-ifs, I'm choosing to keep the fond memories of him. The snuggles,the loving, and the kisses.
They say adopting a pet is one of the best things you can do, and it is. I'm happy that I took him home and gave him a chance, his problems and all. And I know he was thankful for it, running around a big two story cage instead of a shoebox sized one, and getting to be in a home.
There are some many things I wish I could say to him, but now, all I can say is,

Goodbye Momo. I love you. See you at Rainbow Bridge.


Click here to read the Rainbow Bridge poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment